Reply by Big Motoring World

Dear Mr Mulcahy,

Thank you for contacting us and taking time to write your review.
We appreciate that you have come to visit us and have not had a successful purchase. We would like to take this opportunity to explain the situation. Sometimes we have customers changing the prices and then trying to buy the car. On our stock sheet and website it was a different price, and the side swinger also showed a different price as someone had changed the 3 to a 1.

Thanks again for leaving your comment and we would like the opportunity to rectify this situation. If there are any other cars that you are interested with, please let us know and we will make sure you are dealt with by a sales professional to help you get the best out of our company.

Many Thanks

Big Motoring World
Author's

Went to Addington today to purchase a car, as a I had subsequently purchased a vehicle back in 2005.Kaz looked after us and after an hour and half, including test driving the vehicle, we decide to purchase the vehicle at the advertised price of £11,500.we then, had to sit through 15 minutes of additional sales tactics to buy additional insurance and options- which we refused.

Kaz , finally got the paperwork which my wife duly completed, and queried with Kaz why the outstanding balance was left blank after we were paying a deposit of £643, he said that the finance dep't would complete that section prior to us collecting the car. He said the balance would be £12,000. My wife replied £11,000 and he went to check the price, coming back to inform us that the car was in fact £12,500 not the £11,500 as advertised. The valeting team had put the incorrect price both in the car and on the website.

The manager came out and told us in NO UNCERTAIN TERMS that he didn't own the company and that there was nothing he could do. At which point, we decided to leave,furious , INSULTED and extremely angry at the way we had been treated.Under the sales of goods act Kaz had accepted our offer and by doing so entered a verbal agreement with us, so we should have completed this purchase. Having, had over 30 years experience of sales myself, the whole process at Big Motoring World is akin to Time Share purchasing- PRESSURE and misinformation. My wife subsequently, returned to speak to the manager, and his initial words were, Oh you wanted to speak to me as if he didn't know why.

We left utterly dismayed about the whole thing.

Upon returning home, we found the same vehicle, same registration, on Auto trader for £10,300.DO NOT BUY FROM THIS COMPANY WHO WILL NOT HONOUR ADVERTISED PRICES.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

Had an Experience with Big Motoring World?